Standard First Aid
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
13 hours in-class OR 5.5 hours in-class + 8 hours online learning*CPR C: 14 hours in-class OR 7.5 hours in-class + 8 hours online learning*
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Standard First Aid and CPR LevelA or C
CPR A: 6.5 hours in-class OR 3 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
CPR C: 7.5 hours in-class OR 4 hours in-class + 4 hours online learning*
*Online learning time will vary depending on the learner.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid CPR A/C – Online access
- Standard First Aid certificate(digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Are you eligible for Recertification?
In order to qualify for a recertification course, 3 things MUST be true:
1. You must have a current (valid) certification with the Canadian Red Cross. Yes, we will check.
2. You MUST have taken the full certification course last time.
How do I know if I’ve taken the full certification course?
Under your name on your card, if you took the full certification course last time, it will say : “is certified in” under the line your name is written on.
3. You must complete your recertification course BEFORE your certificate expires. Even if your card is expired by one day, it means you no longer qualify. Book early!
Select a course below to register:
STANDARD FIRST AID / CPR LEVEL C / AED (2 day in class session)From: $120.00
STANDARD FIRST AID / CPR LEVEL C / AED (Blended Learning)From: $120.00
STANDARD FIRST AID CPR C AED RECERTIFICATION – (100% in class)From: $90.00
STANDARD FIRST AID CPR C AED RECERTIFICATION-50% online/50% classFrom: $90.00
Standard First Aid CPR C AED with BLS(HCP) & N95 Mask Fit(bundle)From: $165.00
STANDARD FIRST AID WITH BLS (formerly HCP) RecertificationFrom: $85.00
STANDARD FIRST AID with CPR AED and BLS(FORMERLY HCP)From: $130.00