This course is a comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Certification is valid for 3 years.
The course includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines from the Canadian Red Cross and meets federal and a variety of provincial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. Participants will also learn how (and be certified) to use an (AED).
This course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines, is recognized by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) and meets Ontario Health & Safety (OHS) regulations for Basic First Aid. All participants will receive the Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual and an electronic Certification card valid for 3 years.
Duration: 2 days in class — 13-14 hours
Course materials: First aid/CPR manual Comprehensive First Aid and CPR
Who should attend?
- Any employee can attend this course. (No prerequisite or pre-course assignment is required.)
- Any person who wants more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Standard First Aid Training Course Content:
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)