How to Book a Class:
- To book a class select a location from the drop down menu.
- Select the date you wish to book.
- Then select the time below the calendar.
- Then select Book Now. It is now in your cart to check out.
BLS (Basic Life Support- formerly HCP) BVM/CPR/AED
N95 MASK FIT NOW AVAILABLE
STONEY CREEK LOCATION:
HAND2HEART CPR AND FIRST AID TRAINING
2820 Barton St. E.
Stoney Creek, ON
HAMILTON MOUNTAIN LOCATION
868 Upper Sherman Ave.
394 Royal York Rd.
3003=B Lake Shore Blvd W
(Replacement for HCP for Healthcare Providers)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. It is designed for healthcare professionals and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings, and teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings.
- Stand-alone course – 4 hours
- With Airway Management – 5 hours
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and provide the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation. Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals. Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations