How to Book a Class:
- To book a class select a location from the drop down menu.
- Select the date you wish to book.
- Then select the time below the calendar.
- Then select Book Now. It is now in your cart to check out.
Basic Life Support Recertification (Formerly HCP) BVM/CPR/AED
I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A CONFIRMATION EMAIL WITHIN A FEW HOURS OF REGISTRATION. THERE IS NO ONLINE COMPONENT FOR THIS LEVEL
STONEY CREEK LOCATION
2820 Barton St. E.
Stoney Creek, ON
HAMILTON MOUNTAIN LOCATION
868 Upper Sherman Ave.
394 Royal York Rd.
3003=B Lake Shore Blvd W
Basic Life Support Recertification
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals.
Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
You have to hold a current BLS Certification (that hasn't expired yet)
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
1-year certification in Basic Life Support
(digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Recertification duration: 2 hours
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations