Basic Life Support Recertification
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals.
Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
You have to hold a current BLS Certification (that hasn’t expired yet)
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
1-year certification in Basic Life Support
(digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Recertification duration: 2 hours
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations